Who We Are
Right2Protest(R2P) is a coalition of organisations that aim to advance and support the realisation of the constitutional right to protest as entrenched in section 17 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, by providing legal assistance and support to all protesters.
Steering Committee – Community Advice Offices South Africa, Lawyers for Human Rights, Centre for Applied Legal Studies and the Right2Know Campaign.
What We Do
We provide assistance to protesters such as...
- Giving free advice over our hotline
- Providing legal representation in bail applications
- Providing legal representation in other protest cases
- Attending meetings with the authorities
We coordinate other support...
- Referrals to attorneys in your area
- Referrals to advocacy support